Hill Orgapic2sn

The construction of the organ, which has 3040 pipes, making it one of the largest in Scotland and one of the finest in Europe, began in 1890, four years before the completion of the church, the Coats family insisting that the organ should have an acoustic quality second to none. Originally the blowing mechanism consisted of four hydraulic engines which have since been replaced by an electric blower. The original keyboard mechanism has been modified to an electro-pneumatic system with a digital memory player. The superb tone and quality remain unaffected by the modernisations. The console is designed so that the organist faces the congregation, seated behind a screen adorned with the finest carved oak tracery. The pipework is contained in two large cases, either side of the chancel and above the choir stalls.

Great Organ Swell Organ
Double Diapason 16ft Bourdon 16ft
Open Diapason 8ft Geigen Principal 8ft
Open Diapason 8ft Rohr Flute 8ft
Stopped Diapason 8ft Salicional 8ft
Hohl Flute 8ft Voix Celeste 8ft
Octave 4ft Geigen Principal 4ft
Harmonic Flute 4ft Leiblich Flute 4ft
Twelth 2’8″ Flageolet 2ft
Fifteenth 2ft Mixture 3rks
Mixture 4rks Contra Oboe 16ft
Mixture 3rks Cornopean 8ft
Double Trumpet 16ft Oboe 8ft
Posaune 8ft Clarion 4ft
Clarion 16ft
Choir Solo Pedal Couplers
Leiblich Bourdon 16ft Harmonic Flute 8ft Acoustic Bass 32ft Swell Sub Octave
Viola da Gamba 8ft Rohr Gedeckt 8ft* Sub Bass 32ft Swell Octave
Gedeckt 8ft Flauto Traverso 4ft* Open Diapason 16ft Solo Sub Octave
Dulciana 8ft Saxhorn 8ft* Violone 16ft Swell to Great
Leiblich Flute 4ft Vox Humana 8ft* Bourdon 16ft Swell to Choir
Piccolo 2ft Clarinet 8ft* Violoncello 8ft Solo to Great
Cor Anglais 8ft Orchestral Oboe 8ft* Octave 8ft Choir to Great
Tuba 8ft Ophicleide 16ft Pedal to Great Pistons
Solo to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Choir to Pedal